Following the success of last year’s Caught by the River Avon, we are delighted to announce another night of music, spoken word, poetry and cinema in the heart of Bristol’s St Nicholas Market, in collaboration with Richard King and The Letterpress Collective.
Our second annual Bristol event takes place at 7pm on Friday 18 November at Centrespace, Leonard Lane, Bristol, BS1 1EA. The programme features:
– Music from Laura Cannell, whose new pastoral drone album Simultaneous Flight Music has received rave notices and is nature music at its finest
– A talk from Eleanor Morgan, author of the recently published Gossamer Days: Spiders, Humans and Their Threads, a fascinating exploration of the relationship between spiders and mankind
– Poetry from Caught by the River Poet-in-Residence (and former Faber New Poet) Will Burns
– A screening of Last Acre, Nick Jordan and Jacob Cartwright‘s twelve-minute documentary portrait of a community of off-grid homes located in the sand dunes of England’s north west coastline
– Spoken Word & Nature Disco
– MC Richard King
We will also be running a bookshop, as well as a cash bar serving Bristol beers, cider, gin, and a selection of wines.
Advance letterpress-printed tickets, priced £15, are available instore at Friendly Records and online here.