Each year, we encourage our readers to get involved with their local SoundCamp activities for International Dawn Chorus Day. This year – the project’s fifth – appears to have bigger and better goings-on than ever.
Soundcamp is a network of listening points at sunrise on IDCD. This year’s International Dawn Chorus Day falls next Saturday, 5 May. Along with the usual camp-out at Stave Hill Ecological Park is an exciting lineup at Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park, featuring performances from internationally acclaimed artists Emma Bennet, Laura Cannell and Hanna Tuulikki which will interpret birds through speech, song and instrumentation. Indeed, IDCD celebrations will be taking place all over the country and beyond, including at:
– Gunton Warren Reserve, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK (Danielle Kay Ash)
– Lake Cootharaba, Noosa Biosphere Reserve, Queensland, AUS (Leah Barclay)
– Chicago, Illinois, USA (The Radius)
– South River, Ontario, CA (Darren Copeland, NAISA)
– Black Forest, DE (Oliver ‘Olsen’ Wolf)
– LV21, Gravesend, Kent, UK (Paivi Seppala)
– Lycavetos Hill, Athens, GR (Alyssa Moxley)
– Strumpshaw, Norfolk, UK (Martin Scaiff, Recast Music)
A full list of locations and events is available here, along with details of how to organise your own event.
Any more information you might need can be found here.