Caught by the River and Little Toller Books are pleased to announce an event in celebration of the publication of a new book by Tim Dee. Landfill will be launched at Bristol’s Centrespace Gallery on Friday 5 October.
A groundbreaking new book from the CBTR contributor and author of The Running Sky and Four Fields, Landfill confronts our waste-making species through the extraordinary and fascinating life of gulls, and the people who watch them. The event will feature:
– a reading from Landfill from Tim Dee;
– a rare appearance from Turner Prize-winning landscape artist Richard Long, who will be interviewed by Tim;
– a talk on gulls from writer, naturalist and conservationist Mark Cocker;
– a talk from artist, Bristolian, and Landfill illustrator Greg Poole;
– a talk from Bristol-native novelist Tessa Hadley, who is also one of the dedicatees of Landfill.
As always, CBTR will ensure a fully stocked bar and bookshop, and great tunes ’til close.
The event will run from 7-11pm at Centrespace Gallery, 6 Leonard Ln, Bristol BS1 1EA. Tickets cost £15 in advance, and are available online (with a small booking fee), in person from the Letterpress Collective Studio at the Centrespace Gallery, or over the counter at Friendly Records, 59-61 North St, Bristol, BS3 1ES.